If you are a bike lover, then Royal Enfield will hold a special place in your heart. Buying a Royal Enfield motorcycle can feel like a dream come true for many. It gives you a sense of pride and makes you feel macho! But like every other motorcycle, you should practice some caution while riding a Royal Enfield Bullet. The simplest but very important thing is to wear a helmet.
Wearing a helmet can save your head from injuries in case you meet an accident. You cannot wear just any helmet, especially when you are riding a Royal Enfield Bullet. The helmet has to suit the aesthetics of your bike without compromising on the necessary protection. So, we went on a quest to find the best helmet for Royal Enfield and found a few that we loved. Read on to know which one suits you the best!
What are the different types of helmets?
Helmets can be classified into different types based on their style and functionality. Some of the most common types of helmets are:
- Open face helmet: An open face helmet is one that does not have a chin guard in the design. This leaves your face exposed but still provides adequate safety to your head.
- Full face helmet: A full-face helmet is the best choice if you are looking for maximum protection. It covers most of your face, including the chin and neck.
- Modular helmet: If you can’t decide between full face and open helmets, then go for a modular one. They have the features of a full face helmet, but they also come with an option to flip up the front side usually with the push of a button. Long-distance travelers prefer such helmets as you don’t need to take them off at every stop.
- Motocross helmets: These helmets are for off-road use. They have additional chin protection and also have sun protection visors. You can also get motocross helmets without visors.
- Half helmet: These helmets expose most of your head as they cover only the top. It is the helmet that offers the least protection.
- Dual sport: These are a cross between full face and motocross helmets. Like a full face, they offer maximum protection but also have integrated visors like the motocross helmets.
The best helmet for Royal Enfield Motorcycles:
No matter which Royal Enfield motorcycle you own, we have got a helmet that will match your requirements perfectly:
1) Steelbird SB-27 7Wings Tank Open Face Graphic Helmet With Clear Visor And Extra Smoke Visor
We love this helmet for its comfortable, lightweight and stylish look. The extra smoke visor gives the helmet a great look while also protecting you from sunshine. Its cushioning makes you feel a snug fit around your head and is comfortable, no matter how long your journey is. Its look makes it the best helmet for Royal Enfield Classic 350.
The Steelbird SB-27 7Wings Tank Open Face Graphic Helmet has a lot of features:
- The shell is made of a high impact composite material (ABS)
- Breathable padding has multiple pores for good airflow. It also provides better cooling.
- It has an additional neck protector which not only provides extra comfort but also extra safety.
- The inner layer of the helmet doesn’t damage your hair.
- Despite all the features, the helmet is still lightweight.
- It is available in multiple sizes, so you can choose the one that suits you best.
With all these features, what’s not to love about this helmet?
2) SB-27 MATT Battle Green with plain visor,600mm
The SB-27 MATT helmet is also another great choice for Royal Enfield motorcycles.
The plain visor and battle green color make it a decent choice for Royal Enfield riders. Coming from Steelbird, it is a high quality helmet with additional features like:
- Outer shell made of ABS, a kind of high impact composite material.
- Inner padding made of high density EPS, which provides good cushioning.
- Specially designed to be anti-odor
- Approved by ISI
- It also has a detachable neck guard.
Try this helmet and you will love it for sure!
3) Royal Enfield OP MLG (V) Open Face with Visor Helmet Matt Battle Green
This helmet comes from the brand Royal Enfield itself. This feature-packed helmet is loved by many and is the best helmet for Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycles. With the battle green color and clear visor, it can make anyone look macho with his Royal Enfield bullet. Apart from being aesthetically pleasing, it has also features like:
- A long visor with an open face design
- A single unit shell made of ABS, for additional strength
- UV treated visor and a hard coated visor surface which makes it scratch resistant.
- Inner liner made of polyester for extra comfort.
- Adjustable chin strap with a lock system, for snug fit.
The perfect helmet for your Royal Enfield!
4) Steelbird SB-27 7Wings Tank Open Face Graphic Helmet With Clear Visor And Extra Chrome Silver Visor
With loads of features, the Steelbird SB-27 7Wings Open Face Graphic Helmet finds a place in our list of best helmets for Royal Enfield. The graphics are so stunning, with the chrome silver visor adding to its looks. Apart from that, it has additional features like:
- Breathable padding and extra neck protector to increase comfort
- Hard shell made of ABS for assured protection
- Multipore hygienic interior for a breathable and cool effect
- Micrometric buckle with a quick release feature, so you don’t have to struggle while opening the neck strap.
This is one of our favorite helmets on the list!
5) Steelbird SBA-27 WINGS Full Face Helmet In Matt Finish Helmet Fitted with Clear Visor and Extra Gold Visor
If you are looking for the best helmet for Royal Enfield bullet, then give this one a try. The Steelbird SBA-2 7Wings Helmet is a full face helmet with chin protection. It has a matt finish on the outer shell and a gold visor, both contributing to its classic look. Apart from that, it has features like:
- Tinted visor for protection from direct sunlight
- Large size of 600mm
- Eye catching look with matt finish
Features like this have made this helmet find a place among the best Royal Enfield Helmets.
What to look for when buying a helmet?
The right helmet will go a long way to save you or minimize injuries but the wrong one can make you feel uncomfortable even on a 5-minute ride. So, choosing the right helmet is important if you want to enjoy your journeys comfortably. There are a few factors which can guide you in choosing a good helmet:
- The size of your head: A simple way you can know you are wearing the wrong helmet is, if it is putting pressure on different points of your head. While choosing a helmet, there will be three sizes namely oval, long oval and intermediate oval. You can determine the shape of your head by asking a friend or trying out a few helmets. The right sized helmet will feel comfortable and snug, will prevent any large movements but won’t be wobbly, and will be a little but not too difficult to remove.
- Retention: What do you expect from your helmet? That it stays on your head during extreme situations. A good helmet should do just that, otherwise, it fails the purpose. To check the retention of a helmet, all you have to do is adjust the strap according to your head size, and wear the helmet. After that, ask someone to pull it from behind. This will act as the force which can knock your helmet off your head during worst case scenarios. If the helmet is moving easily, then this is definitely not the right helmet for you. A good helmet should resist falling off your head as much as possible.
- Visor: The visor is the screen that protects your face while enabling you to look through it, so you can ride properly. There are different types of visors like clear visor, smoked visor or mirrored visor.
- Clear visor: Clear visors are transparent and provide you a clear vision of the road ahead. They are the most basic type of visors available. They also give highest visibility out of the three types of visors as light can pass unobstructed through them. But there are downsides. Apart from not being aesthetically pleasing, they also offer zero protection from glaring sunlight.
- Smoked visor: They are usually black in color and can allow little light to pass through them. They can offer a lot of protection from sunlight and also offer better visibility at night. But they are only best suited for rides after sunset and with insufficient lighting, they can be dangerous to ride with.
- Mirrored visor: A mirror-type visor is exactly what the name says. It has a mirror finish and allows very little light to pass through it, which means it offers maximum protection from sunlight. They also look appealing to the eyes. But, they are not suitable for riding in low lights or after the sun goes down. It can almost blind you if you use them during night rides which makes you prone to accidents.
You can choose a visor depending on the time you ride your bike the most. You can also choose two different visors, one for daytime and the other for the night.
- Cushioning: The inner cushioning of a helmet is very important as this protects your head from injuries by absorbing the impact. You must buy a helmet that does not have flat cushioning but has properly structured cushions to absorb the most impact.
- ISI Mark: One way to make sure that your helmet is of standard quality is to look for an ISI logo. It is a certification that ensures the quality of any product. ISI-certified products are more expensive than others, but a helmet is a life-saver so you should opt only for quality products even if they cost more.
Choosing the best helmet for Royal Enfield depends on your requirements. You have a wide range of helmets to choose from. Out of it, we have carefully chosen the top five helmets which stood out from the others based on their features as well as looks. Remember, a helmet should offer protection first and only then you can decide on its looks.
By going through the above list, we hope you have the best helmet for yourself.